Friday, March 2, 2012

Settled in...finally. Maybe. I think?

I wasn't really sure how well I would take to being home again once the dust surrounding my leave/resignation settled. I new there was so much to keep me occupied, as well as keeping after a very busy little girl!
I began mostly by resting, giving Sarah lots of Momma attention, and going to therapy when the kids were at school. Slowly I dug into that once heard of task called housework. It occurred to me rather quickly that these people in my house are pigs!(I still love them despite their messes!) And the work never ends! Plus they eat all the time! I think I have cooked more in the last four months than I have in the last four years!


I'm also seeing that we are getting closer to the end of a very hard, long year. My grief process is getting easier every day. There are less bad days now, and more days of productivity, less tears, and more normalcy.  Some days I am painfully reminded that I don't have Andrew here with us. And then there are days that I'm actually a little relieved that I don't have two babies in diapers.

So now I'm spending most of my day with Sarah, occasionally subbing at the kids school, less time in therapy, more time in the gym, and as little time cleaning as possible! I'm settling into this idea of being a stay at home mom again. I do love it! Although this week I actually uttered that famous mom phrase of "I need to have some adult time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment